Nothing quite says “snuggle up” better than a comfy, over-sized, chunky sweater. And, this season, the over-sized sweater has also made a huge fashion statement. So, today, I’m going to explain how to wear this season’s coziest sweaters in places other than your living room, curled up next to a warm fire – although, that’s always a great place to wear them.
The key to successfully pulling off the over-sized sweater trend is to find balance with the items you are wearing on your lower half. This can be done a few ways.
- Do a partial tuck with the front of your sweater to show your waist-line.
- Or, pair the over-sized sweater with a fitted bottom (this could be pants, leggings, a skirt, shorts or even a dress).
- Or, if the sweater is long enough, (and over-sized enough), wear it as a dress with your favorite pair of tights and booties.
When it comes to selecting the sweater itself, here are some things to get you started on the fashionable path.
- Your over-sized sweater shouldn’t just be slightly larger than your typical sweater size; it should be 2 sizes larger. If you are tall, you can wear a sweater that is up to 3-4 times larger than the size you normally wear.
- Start with an over-sized sweater in a neutral or pastel color. All shades of gray, black, white and beige will work. These colors will give you the most versatility. Then, once you feel like you’ve really mastered this trend, pop in a bold color like marigold or ocean blue.
- Play with textures within your outfit. For example, pair a boucle sweater with jogger pants or push the look by pairing your over-sized sweater with an article of clothing in lace, leather or tulle.
The real key to successfully wearing the over-sized sweater trend is to have fun with it – it won’t last forever. To watch the video, please click here: Alexandra Styles.https://www.facebook.com/alexandrastylescharleston/videos/278363399480884/